Friday, February 29, 2008

Alyssa Rolls Over Front to Back

Today, at approximately 4:30pm, Alyssa rolled over for the first time! She had a great day playing hookie from school. She talked all day. I was running out of things to talk to her about.

She played on her Einstein mat for over an hour just yappin' away. She also had a dirty diaper, so I was expecting her to become fussy at any time, but she never did. After an hour, I decided it was time to change that diaper.

We came back to the mat, but I had her in my lap. She rolled her head forward like she has been doing this past week, so I put her on her tummy on the mat. Somehow, she got her arm underneath herself and started moving. At one point she got on her side. At that time, I called Mike upstairs.

We both cheered her on to see if she would continue the roll. She kept going back down to her tummy and then back to her side. She got really quiet for a couple of minutes, no talking.

Then, all of a sudden, she was on her back!! The look on her face was priceless. She looked very confused. We were clapping and cheering and she looked very confused and like she wanted to cry. Then she just smiled and started talking again like nothing had happened.

It was great!! It's a once in a life time moment on a once every four year day... figures...

No comments: